8:28 AMMeir Ezra - An Interesting Article
Everyone is looking for happiness. But most people make the mistake of thinking their happiness comes from other sources.
"I would be really happy if someone would give me a new house."
"If my husband would come home on time, I'd be happy."
"As soon as the weather warms up, I'll be happy."
Fortunately, as we have covered in several TipsForSuccess articles, you can make yourself happy. Here is a very interesting fact about happiness:
"The clue to happiness is being interested in life." -- L. Ron Hubbard
For example, why does a sunny day make you happy? Maybe because you become interested in the outdoors? Because you can participate in interesting activities?
Do you feel happy when you're around your spouse or a friend? Are you also interested in what he or she has to say? Perhaps you do interesting things with this person?
What makes you happy about a new house? Is it interesting to be there and to live there?
If you look at things that make you happy, you will also find something that gets you interested in life.
Exercises for Increasing Your Interest
1. Look around your desk and find five interesting items. Take a minute to enjoy each of them.
2. Think about your spouse and family. Write down three or more things about your spouse and family that you find interesting.
3. Think about your job. Write down three things that are interesting about your work.
4. What were three interesting things you did yesterday?
5. What are three interesting things you will do today?
6. What are your three most interesting problems? Write them down. What is interesting about them?
Answer any of these questions until you feel happy.
Go enjoy them!
|Total comments: 0|